Tuesday, February 16

Family Museum: A QC MUST for Little Ones

Winter has gotten the best of me, and I've been feeling some serious cabin fever in our teeny tiny place lately. I had heard rave reviews about the Bettendorf Family Museum from other parents in N's tumbling class, so on Saturday we decided to check it out.

I forgot the camera ::sad face:: but I can't say enough great things about it. It was cheap ($6 for my ticket and N was free!) and there was so much to do. N got to try out some musical instruments, play dress up, learn about shadows and reflections, and -- her favorite -- cook, clean, and talk on the phone in the four and under playhouse.

The house had two phones: one in the kitchen and one on the other side of the wall. When you would pick up one, it would make the other ring. When it rang, my tech-savvy daughter would drop everything and run to answer the phone. She would then procede to pace back an fourth with the phone to her ear moving her hands as she said "blah ba me do blah ba na..." When she had finished her conversation, she'd hand the phone back up and go back to whatever she had been previously occupied with. I wish I had the video camera, it was hysterical.

We will definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment