Friday, February 19

I Said Something Today

that I think sums up my parenting philosophy perfectly.

You see my baby sister -- who is not technically a baby anymore; in fact, she's an adult -- is writing a paper about me. She asked a question having to do with the influences of my parenting style, to which I responded that I sometimes wonder to myself, if I only had a short amount of time left with N, how would I parent her differently? My answer is always "I wouldn't", and that's how I know I'm doing it right.

Of course I have had moments where I wish I would have handled the situation differently, but the basic principles I put my faith of child rearing into I would not change. Yes, this is basically just me bragging about how well versed I can be...sometimes. :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment