Tuesday, March 16

18 Month Review



In case you missed that, I said 18 month review, as in Nora is 18 months old today! I can honestly say it has flown. I've been twiddling my thumbs trying to think ingenuis commentary to write, but I got nothing -- I'm still in disbelief.

One year ago I was blogging about Nora's first time at the playground, and now I stand back and watch her run, talk to the dogs, give hugs and kisses (oh and high fives), read books, and tumble. I never cease to be amazed at her newest talent and her ability to absorb her surroundings.

I don't blog as much as I used to (though I try to post pics often!) and I feel like I skip over so many stories that give us endless entertainment.


Last week, Charlie was on his hands and knees looking for her nuk in her room when Nora came up, grabbed the back of his pants, looked down and said, "Poo?" And I continue to laugh even as I type.

She's also becoming quite resourceful with her words. Recently she's picked up:
  • Bee
  • Poo
  • Pse (please)
  • Mo (more)
  • Na (banana)
  • Eat
  • Teau
  • Dog dog (Charlie firmly believes she says it twice because we have two dogs)
  • Me (not to be confused with Mimi)

She enjoys coloring (and eating the crayons), being outside, and showing off. She loves to dance and will do so to any type of music, including elevator music.

She also loves people. We will be in the grocery store and she will walk up to strangers, take their hand, and try to lead them away. I'm fairly confident if anyone were to try to abduct her, she would gladly go along. At Aunt TJ's dance competion a couple weeks ago, she squeezed her way into the center of a circle of women who were chatting, and crossed her arms, moving one arm up and down like she was gesturing her sentance, and started babbling...loudly...as if she were a part of the conversation. And then laughed when everyone laughed at her adorableness.

Nora is a big helper these days. She likes to throw things in the recycle bin and trash for me, loves helping in the kitchen by pouring measured ingredients into the bowl or pan, and if you're sad, she will gladly retrieve a tissue for you.


I still can't say I have a favorite age because so far I've loved them all, but watching her grow is so fun and rewarding. She is so affectionate, and maybe I'm biased, but she seems so smart for her age. I look forward to seeing how she changes and grows in the next 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment