Monday, March 16

Six Months and Swinging High

OK, so she was actually swinging pretty low, but seemed to enjoy it none-the-less.


We went to the park yesterday and tried out the playground. Nora had fun and she was SO CUTE in her new outfit I got her!


We went down the slide:


And swung on the swings:


And played with the puppies:


Then we came in and played dress up! Pretty sure I've got America's next baby model on my hands.


In addition to Nora being half a year old, we've reached another milestone; I've been breastfeeding for 6 full months, and I'm kind of proud of myself (and Nora of course). I'm a pretty modest girl, so I don't talk about it much, but I know it can be really tough -- especially working full time -- and when I made the decision to breastfeed I set a personal goal that I'd try my best to make it to 6 months.

Well here we are and I'm definitely not going to quit just because we hit this mark. I've been doing a lot of research about baby-led weaning and the benefits of extended breastfeeding, I'm not going to put a time or date on it, rather I'd like to just plan to keep it up as long as we're both comfortable. I can honestly say that in Nora's 6 months so far, I feel strongly this is the best thing I have done for her as a mother. It is a good feeling.

E-mail me alerts when thebaughchronicles updates!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Congrats on making it to 6 months! It is very hard as a working mom to keep it up. Oh and I love Nora's pink skirt!

    ReplyDelete