Tuesday, April 7

Carrots: Attempt #2


Nora had her first jarred baby food yesterday. I had a jar of carrots from a game we played at my baby shower, so we decided to give them a try even though her reaction to homemade carrots was less than pleasant.

She ate them. I wouldn't say she loved them, but she ate them. They were SUPER runny, so I actually added some oatmeal to prevent her from blowing carrot filled raspberries all over me and the rest of the kitchen. Oddly, Charlie and I agreed they smelled like tomato sauce; but hey, if she'll eat them that's all that matters right?

We also had our 6 month well-baby visit yesterday. Nora weighs 16 pounds -- up 2 pounds from last month! She is in the 25th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height and head circumference.

She got her final dose of rotavirus and DTaP #3, and as usual, she took it like a champ. She will have shots again next month, and then she finally gets a few months off after having them every month for 6 months in a row.

I have lots to say and great photos to share about our trip to Coralville this weekend, but I am waiting for Mimi and Aunt Tiffany to upload their photos because they both got more than I did. We had lots of fun though. Everyone raved about how Nora is the happiest baby in the world -- I think I have to agree! Here's a sneak preview:


E-mail me alerts when thebaughchronicles updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment