Tuesday, March 17

Little Jack Horner Sat in a Corner

Eating his Christmas pie
He put in a thumb and pulled out a plum
And said, "What a good boy am I?"


I'm not sure what exactly a Christmas pie is, but I can tell you that Nora was not quite as excited about plums as Jack.

She didn't really seem to like nor dislike them. They didn't cause a gag reflex like carrots, but she didn't smile and inhale them like she does with foods she likes either. She only had a couple bites and then she was done. We'll try them again tomorrow.

Plums are another food that were super easy to make. The most time consuming part was getting the skins off, but that was mostly because they were just too hot to touch. The skin comes off easier after they're stewed, but maybe next time I'll try skinning and pitting them first.

Plums
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cut an X in the side of 3-4 washed ripe plums. Place the plums in the water, cover, and boil for 4-5 minutes.

Remove from heat. Skin and pit the plums, reserving the excess water. Puree plums in food processor and add water to thin.


Make sure the plums aren't too hot before serving, but by the time I finally got the skins off, that wasn't really an issue. I used 3 plums and it filled about 2/3 of an ice cube tray plus what I reserved for Nora to eat right away. I think 4 plums would be perfect to fill the tray.

Food aside, Charlie was getting Nora pumped up for opening day while I was at work -- Have a look.


E-mail me alerts when thebaughchronicles updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment